Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy
Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP) Policy/Agreement
To our Valued Resellers,
In order to maintain the integrity of the Dermafirm and Biotoc brands, we have established a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy for resellers of all Dermafirm products. This policy has been established to protect and support all resellers, as well as consumers of Dermafirm. The intention is not to interfere with the business of our resellers, but rather to enable customers to have sustainable business practices by allowing for a reasonable profit margin.
A MAP Policy Agreement Confirmation will be emailed to all potential Resellers / Dealers and will need to be signed and emailed back before any products will be shipped out.
MAP = Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)
The Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) on all Dermafirm and Biotoc products is in effect as of August 1, 2018. International accounts must reflect pricing as translated into their local currency.
The MAP policy works under the following guidelines:
1) Resellers of Dermafirm and Biotoc may not advertise a price lower than the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) for that product.
2) Prices below the MAP cannot be advertised in any external medium, including print, internet, social media, radio, television, etc., but can be advertised inside the store.
3) Temporary sales, discounts, and promotions that effectively lower the retail price of the product below MAP are planned for specific times throughout the year to coincide with key promotional periods. These are the ONLY dates that Dermafirm and Biotoc products can be advertised at a discount below MAP Policy pricing.
4) Dermafirm Canada reserves the right to sell its own products directly to consumers at MAP pricing, consistent with this policy.
5) In the event that Dermafirm Inc. raises or lowers the MSRP for any products, we will notify our reseller partners in writing in advance of the change.
6) Dermafirm reserves the right to sell discontinued or clearance items to temporary discount channels that offer Dermafirm products at a discount for a strictly limited period of time. Such discounts shall not impact the MAP pricing or policies in effect at that time.
7) Dermafirm Canada reserves the right not to sell to any reseller found to be in violation of this MAP policy. Reseller partners may or may not be given one chance to correct their MAP Policy violation. Dermafirm Canada will not be held responsible for enforcement of this policy or lack thereof.
8) Any reseller in violation of Dermafirm Canada’s MAP Policy will be placed on a DO NOT SELL list and anyone providing products to those resellers will also be placed on the DO NOT SELL list.
Thank you for your continued business and support and for your cooperation with this policy.